Yeah… “Tube Bickies” doesn’t really work… but do you know what I mean?… and honestly I can’t REALLY claim to like London more than New York, because I have never been to NYC, but I DID live in London and it is a pretty flipping awesome place! and Masterchef has kind of inspired me to go to NYC, so maybe I should seek out an answer to the eternal London Vs NYC battle! But for now… let’s work out this biscuit battle…
TANIA’S BASIC COOKIE RECIPE
1 tin condensed milk
1 cup sugar
5 cups self-raising flour
Cream sugar and margarine. Add condensed milk and flour. Add whatever else you might want (nuts, choc bits etc). Roll into teaspoon sized balls and press down with a fork. Place on greased trays and bake in moderate oven until golden brown. (about 20mins).
So we kept looking for a recipe that was more “subway-ish” and less “cakey”… and what do you know, someone googled “subway cookie recipe” for me… and they found a “Subway” Cookie Recipe. I really need to remember to google more often.
2 cups (250g) self-raising flour
170g butter, melted
1 cup (185g) brown sugar, firmly packed
½ cup (110g) white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
1 egg yolk
2 cups dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 165 degrees celcius. Line two cookie trays with baking paper
2. Sift the flour, set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop big, round tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared cookie trays, leaving plenty of room for spreading.
5. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
What flavour are we going to make next I wonder?
Oh and don’t forget… If you want to follow this blog, click on the follow link at the bottom of the page and you will be able to get notifications/emails to let you know about our daily updates!