· Grows quicker than trees and yields within 4 or 5 years. It can also be selectively harvested.
· Plantations can be established at a small cost & builds up the skills of local farmers.
· Bamboo is excellent for restoring degraded lands.
· Bamboo can be intercropped with vegetables and the whole bamboo plant can be used for rural livelihood; from construction & animal fodder to crafts.
|MummaLilah Pads with a Bamboo Core & Cotton Outer|
|Julilah Drib Bib with Bamboo front and PUL backed.|
WHY IS BAMBOO BRILLIANT FOR BABY PRODUCTS?
· It is highly water absorbent; able to take up three times its weight in water.
· Wicks moisture away from the skin to evaporate.
· Fibres are naturally smooth & round, meaning that there are no spurs to irritate the skin.
· It has a proven anti-bacterial agent called “bamboo kun”. This and the tight molecular structure of bamboo gives it anti-bacterial and bacteriostatic properties. This does not diminish after washing, in fact some testing has shown that this increases over time.